Wednesday 26 January 2011

In the Name of God

If God told Moses His name was “I will be who I will be” (Exodus3:13-15) and God is, ultimately, “all in all” (Ephesians 4:5), is it then possible that the full name of God is the utterance of all things, all people, all actions, through all time?

Perhaps the fundamental interconnectedness of all things lies in their speaking of God's name, and only when all ends will we be able to fully comprehend God, as only then will we know His name in full?

Is there a sense in which we all exist 'in the Name of God'?

Now, that's either so profound as to be potentially life-changing, or so trite as not to be worth bothering with, and I really can't make my mind up which it is, but it does make my head ache when I think about it for too long...


Originally posted 22/04/10

No comments:

Post a Comment