Wednesday 26 January 2011

State of Grace

Having turned 40 last month, I appear to be undergoing whatever the opposite of a mid-life crisis is. Despite everything that's still going on in & around my life, all of which would normally frustrate the *censored* out of me, I seem to be existing within what you might call a 'state of grace', wherein all this stuff of life is failing to ruffle my feathers.
I am at peace - first & foremost with myself, then with my circumstances.

I've wasted too many years being a miserable bastard about things which I couldn't/can't do anything about (and also a lot of time figuring out that not only had I not arrived, but that I needed to work out how the hell I was going to start moving - but that's a story for another day), but if I truly want to see world peace, then it has to begin in my own life, indeed within my self.

Perhaps I'm finally starting to resemble the God I believe in...

Peace.


Originally posted 13/04/10

No comments:

Post a Comment